Does Spitfire Audio have a place for product suggestions?

Hello everyone,

I was wondering if there was a good place to submit any suggestions for product ideas. I'm curious as to whether or not they engage with people on the forums in any particular places more often as well. If there is a good place to submit a suggestion, please let me know. If not, I'd suggest a section for product idea and product tweak suggestions.

I've been getting fed up with finding absolutely nothing in a VST format that has the sound of the Lowrey organ which was used by The Beatles on Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds. I would love to hear something by Spitfire involving sampling this and creating a VST for it maybe for their originals series as one of those things recorded at Abbey Road.

Here's the song if for whatever reason you haven't heard it. The part I'm most interested in is the intro with the Lowrey organ's harpsichord preset.

Best Answer

• Angus
    Angus admin
    100 Answers 500 Comments 250 Likes Spitfire Employee
    Accepted Answer

Hey @PickleJarOfDeath

The forum is absolutely the right place to reach out to us with suggestions. I'll pass this onto the product team.

Answers

• @Angus Thank you so much! Again, I would suggest that there should be a specific section on the forums dedicated to product suggestions. I think that would be a great way to focus some of the community engagement.

I would understand if this was not information that could be made public, but would you be able to notify me of their stance/level of interest in taking up the task of developing a VST for the Lowrey?

• how many products do they have in the pipeline/planned?
      • are they on a strict priority schedule?
    • how long does the development of an Originals product typically take?

I'm wondering because if they decide to proceed with creating a Lowrey organ VST, I'm curious as to when it would be released. I would love to hear an estimate if possible that would suggest somewhere in a 3-6 month period. For example, if they decided they would do this and end up releasing in June of 2022, could you say something like spring or summer of 2022?

I hope you don't mind the sheer volume of questions. 😅

• @PickleJarOfDeath I've created a Product Suggestions category which is now where this post resides!

Can't comment on whether the suggestion you have made would be picked up, but I have certainly passed the feedback on. We do have products planned many months (and even years) in advance of release, so that gives you a slight indication of how busy we are!

I'd recommend asking if anyone has access to one on Pianobook, and to see if it could be sampled there. Pianobook has a large community of composers, producers, and samplists that can help in that respect :)