Is there a way to combine 2 articulations with key swithes?

I am using a combination of longs and staccatissimo I can combine them in the BBCSO app using the shift key but if I put both articulations in the midi piano roll it chooses only one. Is it possible to combine the key switches?

Best Answer

• Angus
    Angus admin
    500 Comments 50 Answers 250 Likes Spitfire Employee
    Accepted Answer

Hi @Doc Bob

You should be able to select two articulations at the same time using shift + click as you mention.

Unfortunately, selecting more than one articulation via Keyswitching is not yet a feature, but our team are aware of this request already.

Answers

• Anyone have an idea?

• Taron
    edited September 12

Well, if nobody reacts, chances are that your post may have to act as inspiration for SA. 🤓👍️

Since their plugin is open to do anything it wishes with incoming Midi data, they could implement solutions for that in any possible way. Be that based on two keyswitches at the exact same time, or at some given time-interval threshold (possibly parametric), the plugin could be written to stack articulations, either with no limit (any number of articulations could get stacked) or possibly some sensible combinations (stac/long, trem/sus, whatever made any sense). Certainly this could get dicey, because of memory usage and/or other performance related challenges.

Hmmm, imagine, if it could use the velocity of keyswitches to control expression of that articulation or as parameter value that could be routed (lowpass, vibrato, anything really)? Uhhh... that could be exciting for stacking.

So, if anything, you may have brought up a great inspiration for some future improvements!? 😃

• Doc Bob
    edited September 18

OK. The workaround is to keep combo articulations on separate tracks. Hopefully there’ll be a keyswitch fix in time.

Thanks for the replies😀