I have an error message when I Try to open my Spitfire Audio application :

"Error installing Helper

Unable to install helper - Blocked by Launchd

Please enable in launchctl or contact support"

What should I Do?

I'm on Apple Big Sur 11.5.2

Thanks

Comments

• I am getting the same error message. Any solution yet?

• @Stephen202021 I’m not a Mac expert but do you have to “allow” it in Security Preferences?

• @DjSladeProd and @Stephen202021

I've created support tickets for both of you so we can have a look at this problem! One of our team members will be in touch shortly.

• Does anyone have a solution yet? I have the same problem.

• @el1502 have you updated to the latest Application?

• yoas
    edited November 2021

Im having the same issue. Unable to open the app. Kindly help resolve. I tried uninstalling the app from Mac M1 and reinstalled it without removing the vsts. But same results. How do i open a ticket to have it checked and resolved?

• @yoas I have created a support ticket for you so a member of our team can assist you directly.

• Anything new with it?

I still can't install it :/

• @spaviram I'll create a ticket for you. We'll need to resolve this with steps we can send via email.

• I have the same problem! Could anyone please help me with that?

• Yes @Justin0603 I've created a ticket for you.

• I have the same problem! macOS Monterey 12.01

• vadim
    edited December 2021

So I dug some information about launcd and launchctl and managed to solve this issue: my problem was that I had manually switched off the auto update for Spitfire in my Mac cleaning app. I've just switched it back - it helped

• Please help me. I also faced this problem. MacOS Monterey 12.0.1

• @minor_dm I have created a ticket for you. One of our agents will be in touch.

• i've got the same problem. i used a cleaning app as well and i think that might have removed something. annoying!

• oh, someone helped me on an apple forum... they sent me this:

"Jack mod

October 29 edited November 2

Hi everyone,

If the above solution don't fix this issue you can try the following:

Open terminal, copy and paste the below command and hit enter. Run the app. 

sudo launchctl enable system/com.spitfireaudio.LibraryManagerHelper

If it fails, get in touch with us via a support case and we will look over the permissions relating to this problem which will likely require remote access.

Thanks

Jack