Condolences.

Condolences, Christian.

Comments

• I am so sorry to hear the news, @Christian. I lost my dad to Parkinson’s Disease last June and almost lost my mom to leukemia in February. It has been a very difficult year for all of us. I want to tell you that through all this, my refuge has been in composition. The time I spend in my studio is incredibly cathartic. I wake at 4 a.m. so that I can treat myself to some composition time inspired by your libraries before my day gets started. I don’t think I could have found this type of solace without Spitfire and the inspiration it has provided. I just wanted you to know that and to thank you for the role you have played in my recovery from the loss of my dad.

I hope that you find a way of dealing with your loss. It is very important that you do.

You have my condolences as you travel this path and my gratitude for helping me deal with my loss.

Associate Professor of Music / The University of Virginia’s College at Wise

Conductor + Music Director / Winds of the Mountain Empire

• @Christian you don’t know me but I’ve watched so many of your videos it feels like I know you. Please accept my condolences as well. I lost my mom 40 years ago when I was very young and there isn’t a day that goes by that I don’t think of her. Sorry for your loss.

• Hi Christian, I only knew your Mum from watching her as Aunt Sally but just wanted to say so sorry for your loss. We are not our parents but I suspect she must have been a good one as you are one of the givers in life and I'm very grateful for that.

• Hi Christian. Although I never knew your mom, I want to offer my sincere condolences for your loss!

• @Christian - My heartfelt condolences to you and your family.

• Dear Christian, I'm new here, too, but have been watching your videos for years for inspiration in a bunch of ways and with a sort of excited longing... but, yes, the price of fame, you get people like many of us here truly sending you our condolences, as do I.

This is not a world of permanence (yet), but that allows us to keep coming here to change things and let each lifetime change and evolve us in turn. With all the love you get, much gratitude goes through you straight to your mom and she knows it, no need to doubt it. Knowing that has made loss so much more bearable to me. Maybe it helps you and your family, too.