FIX FOR: Korg Nano Kontrol 2 driver for windows 10

Not sure if this is the right place to post this but I just came across this fix.

I was trying so hard to get the KORG nanoKONTROL2 to work but nothing seemed to work: I tried updated drivers, uninstalling and reinstalling, and holding all the directed buttons on the controller before connecting the wire, and still couldn't get it to work. I wanted to throw it away UNTIL I CAME ACROSS THIS SUPER SIMPLE FIX.

Thank you Steve Caldwell for posting this:

I didn't need to install anything new outside the appropriate Korg driver for the controller.

Steve basically explains that what he did was:

• went to device manager
  • found korg controller under audio devices
  • since the name was 'KORG nanoKONTROL2' then (see his approach for direction)
  • (note: he updated the driver for the 'usb audio device' )
  • after he was done, his driver no longer had 'KORG' in the name. Instead, it then read 'nanoKONTROL2'

I'd like to appropriately direct you to their website, but in case it gets taken down, I've attached a partial pdf.

Only took maybe 60 seconds total to follow his steps on my computer and it worked.

Also I think the buttons I pushed on the controller were the ones to set to factory default:

• maybe holding track back, track forward, and set buttons and all the rewind, stop, fast forward buttons, record, play buttons blinked a coulple of times.

I don't know if this is a long term fix or not, It just got it working for cubase AI and right now that's enough for me.

Discclaimer: Once again, use at your own risk. please be smart and safe online and with your computer. I won't take any responsibility for anything going wrong. This is just a victory post I found online after a lot of research. I most likely won't be able to walk anyone through anything cause I don't have time to respond to messages. But I wanted to post this in case anyone else feels like throwing their controller away.

I hope it helps!