Share Your DC Stargirl Score! 📽

Comments

• Hi Everyone,

Here's my entry for the Stargirl Contest. Used Albion One, LABS, and some Omnisphere. Hope you like it.

Cheers, ✌️🙂

• Hello everyone! just wanted to quickly share what I managed to do. Good luck to everyone also! some great work out there so far https://youtu.be/SobSf6Ska_4

Thanks!

• Hello everyone! just wanted to share what I did for the competition. Some really great work out there i've heard so far. Good luck everyone.

• Hi There , This Is My Entry For The Competition .

Thank You .

• lunchwithalens
    edited July 2021

There are some great entries here! Here is my entry (so far). I struggled to get the balance with the louder FX, but quite pleased with the 2nd half.. I'm going to leave it for a bit then revisit before the deadline and maybe mix it differently.

Best regards,

Brian

• Arthur0009
    edited July 2021

• Here’s mine. Super fun project and competition looking forward to more. Awesome submissions from everyone so far.

Sajjad H (FLLCRCL)

• I have just re-uploaded my work (and updated my Google form) because going back to it after a few days made me realise a few things were missing/not quite right.

When I first wrote it, it was after work on a Tuesday over the course of about 6 hours, and I find when I get to the end of a session like that I start to miss a lot. I highly recommend to everyone to take a break from your work and return to it after a while for some clarity.

Please have a listen to this new version and give your much appreciated critiques. I've lost all those sweet YouTube views (for all that matters) :)

Sorry for the re-post, and can I take this moment to stress again how much I am enjoying listening to all the different approaches everyone is taking with this challenge.

• Here is my version of the Stargirl scene, I've watched a plethora of people's submission's and its interesting to see the approaches that people took.

• First time doing anything like this, hope y'all enjoy!

Made in Logic Pro X, only using Spitfire's BBC Symphony Orchestra and LABS Frozen Strings.

• My first time doing anything like this. Done in Reaper using BBC Discover, Intimate Strings, Epic Strings, Labs Choir, Labs Texteral Pads, and Labs Amplified Cello Quarter.

• Hello everyone! My name is Hiram López and I love Spitfire Audio community❤️, I Thank you to all the team and I'd like to say I got Inspired too when tried for the first time BBC Discovery, then I fell in love about all the feelings and passion that Spitfire team put into each sound and I am very happy to be part of such great community like you!

I enjoyed playing and blending some of BBC SO Core Strings, Cinematic Percussions, Cinematic Soft Piano, with Labs: Hackney Angels, as well by adding some Alternative Rock Stuff, 🙈 I hope you like it and enjoy it,

Wishing everyone the best and success on this Journey and on more projects! 👏🏼

Hiram 🤓

• Hi all,

So many good things to hear by so many people!

Here is my take:

Here are the steps I took:

- Watch the clip. Imagine tempo. Set key frames for key moments.

- Realize there are exactly 30 seconds between 2 majors key frames. Sooo great! This is exactly 15 mesures at 120 bpm!

- I want an epic theme for the first part. Let’s try F minor on 15 mesures. With an end on major. This thing HAS to end on major.

- …

- Ok this one will fit. Record chords. Record melody. Switch to a legato patch. Lay down a light percussion line to give rhythm.

- It needs brass when ironman flies over water. Brass added. +1 octave up. Much better now.

- It needs a warning sign. Pitch-bended low brass will be perfect, saw this on YouTube.

- Epic drums would fit nicely. Done.

- Edit volumes to save space for dialog and SFX. Nop. Edit again. Not good. Edit again. And again (…)

- Now let’s switch to emotional part. Let’s begin with the very end and this wonderful piano from SF LABS. Similar theme, we end with our beginning, the loop is looped.

- Need a swell at the very end. Should end with Fm. No, couldn’t end like this. Add an extra swell in E until fade-out.

- Need some scary strings in the middle. Some very light percussions together with the car coming. Good!

- Time to polish. Some EQs, some light compression, side-chained for percs not to overload the drums

- Edit volumes to save space for dialog and SFX, again

- Hey, this sounds good to me!

Explained like this, it seems it was easy.

Don’t believe the writing, it took hours and hours…

So... what do you think ?

• Hi all,

here is my composition.

In the first part I thought of a rock to represent the superhero robot using electric guitars in addition to the orchestra. While in the second part I tried to recreate Stargirl's emotions with a bit of suspense.

Good luck to all!!

• Here's my attempt. I had lots of fun doing this. I went a little techno as opposed to orchestral. I have no idea if it works. You tell me, I don't bruise easily so have at it :)

• Pretty much a novice at this, but hope you enjoy it. I am pianist and started composing orchestral pieces in January this year.

I used Spitfire Albion Solstice, BBC SO, Olafur Arnalds Chamber Evolutions and Spitfire Drama Toolkit as well as Sonuscore's The Orchestra Complete and the East West Hollywood series to layer the brass.

• Pretty much a novice at this, but hope you enjoy it. I am pianist and started composing orchestral pieces in January this year.

I used Spitfire Albion Solstice, BBC SO, Olafur Arnalds Chamber Evolutions and Spitfire Drama Toolkit as well as Sonuscore's The Orchestra Complete and the East West Hollywood series to layer the brass.

• Well, this has been fun. The first part of my entry uses the BBC Symphony Orchestra Core, the second is a bit of synth fun. I hope this holds it's own.

• Hi guys, I have to correct some noises at the ending part, but nothing bad and nothing changed after all, you can watch and listen my entry here once again, the details formy entry are the exploration of Drums with slightly distort guitars, from other hands I played Brass Horns, Violins, Celli & String Basses, finally in addition of beautiful LABS: Ghost & Hand Bells as well as Hackney Angels, on the ending part I added a little piece of a song I made just for this by adding Organ, Acoustic Guitar and some chorus words with my voice🙊

I specially thanks to all Spitfire Audio, Pinar Toprak & DC's Stargirl Teams to encourage and Inspire us to participate on such beautiful thing like this❤️

I hope you can enjoy it with friends and family and wish everyone on this competition the best and success on this Journey and on more projects! 👏🏼

With Love,

Hiram A. López Reyes 🤓

• Stuart
    edited July 2021

Really enjoyed this - good luck everyone. Some really nice stuff already posted :)

• LeonH
    edited July 2021

Hi, this is my first attempt scoring to picture but have been writing as a hobby for a while. I love the good old bombastic orchestral scores so tried to emulate that. Wanted to write a main theme for the characters and try and integrate it...how appropriate it was for this clip I don't know. But feel free to leave any comments good or bad. Thanks! Also some really awesome entries for this so well done everyone, so many cool ideas.

• hi everyone here is my participation in the contest thanks Spitfire for the opportunity ^^

• Sorry last link didn't work!

Here's my one...

I mainly used the Albion Solstice library!

• AmalVinay
    edited July 2021

This is my entry to Spitfire DC Stargirl Scoring Competition.

Background Score done by V.S.Amal Vinay

Thanks to DC, Spitfire and Pinar Toprak for giving us this huge opportunity.

• Hi Everyone,

Here's a new slightly modified entry from the previous( Made some subtle improvements). Here's the new video link...

Cheers, ✌️🙂

• Lukiebear2021
    edited July 2021

Hey Everyone here is my entry for the Stargirl Contest. hope everyone is doing well and keeping safe during this Pandemic