Tell me more about the Sensel Morph used in this Spitfire video

Estevan
edited September 10 in Composer Hardware

I own a Sensel Morph which is a multi-touch surface with XYZ input (pressure sensitive).

You can customize the interface by designating button regions and the type of input. This is demonstrated in a Spitfire video (https://youtu.be/8wAy6d6GKcA?t=538). My question for anyone here and Spitfire is: what is the custom mapping used in the video?

I have had a hard time creating an effective mapping for the Sensel and Spitfire instruments. I've often created flawed mapping that don't work well with Spitfire.

Does Spitfire distribute this mapping?

Does anyone have a successful Morph mapping with Spitfire instruments?

Comments

• I use Sensel Morph and I really love it (I actually have 3 of them; 2 to give me 4 octaves and 1 that I use for sliders and articulation switches :-). Morphs are very portable. They are also MPE and highly programmable and the software app is VERY easy to use. You can program cc sliders, midi notes and articulations among other things. It has one serious downside for using with sample libraries (including Spitfire): you can only program notes down to C#-2 ie midi note 1 BUT many sample libraries start at midi note 0 (ie C-2). I assume this could be easily corrected with a software update BUT the developers seem peculiarly resistant to fixing it (I suspect they don't have a good programmer on-board?).

Claude

• That's surprising and disappointing to hear. What a strange limitation on Sensel's part.

I know the Sensel app is programmable but my question is about workflow and layout. There are so many ways you could program the Sensel with regard to Spitfire's instruments. How do you approach it?

• My most frequent way of using the morph is as a keyboard (with MPE on when needed) but I have reconfigured the lower C# & D# as sliders for cc1 (dynamics) & cc21 (vibrato). This is possible because the device is multitouch and the sensel app makes the change quite easy.

I have also mapped out sliders and keyswitches on another morph using a “designer overlay”. This is also not as difficult as it sounds. However, this is when I stumbled across the annoying missing midi note 0 (C-2) problem. I hope they fix it soon because the hardware is actually pretty good.

Claude