Looking for support? Click here

Installing BBCSO Pro on SSD [Solved]

So I just got my SSD in the mail and I'm trying to get BBCSO Pro set up. I'm not exactly sure what I'm supposed to be doing. There's a video file on the SSD, named "Watch Me First", but it's an mp4 of 0 bytes, so it isn't exactly working.

Do I just set the locations of the Plugin and Sections to the SSD, and then hit "Install"?

Appreciate any help on this.

Comments

• Jase Ess
    edited June 8

I suspect youll have to set the path location as to where the BBC SO Pro files are. You can do this in the Spitfire Audio app and then 'Locate' the library.

I recently moved my SA libraries to a 2TB SSD and all I had to do was the above - direct the app as to where the files were and then 'Locate'/

The following article may help although you wont need to download anything as its already on the SSD but the directions of changing file path in this could help.

https://spitfireaudio.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360018867773-Can-I-download-my-library-to-an-external-hard-drive-

www.jaseess.com - www.instagram.com/jaseess

• seraphsword
    edited June 8

Thanks. I was able to figure it out. Just had to do the Locate to the SSD, then do an HDD Install (instead of a download), and then it does a sort of fake-download for the install (since all the files are just .part files). I was mostly just paranoid because it came with a video that was like "don't try to install before watching this" but the video was blank, so I didn't want to screw anything up. Seems to have worked out fine though.

• Angus
    Angus admin
    100 Comments 100 Likes 5 Answers Spitfire Employee

@seraphsword sorry for any inconvenience but glad you were able to figure this one out. I've asked our team that build the hard drives to investigate.