Spitfire Labs "Install & Restart" failing
When I launch the Spitfire app (i.e. the updater), it gives me this message:
Spitfire Audio Update: This version of Spitfire (3.2.17) must be updated, please click the button below to automatically update to 2.2.20 released 9 Mar 2021.
It spins a while and then says "Ready to Install," but when I press the "Install and Restart" Button, it does NOT restart. Every time I want to update, this happens.
- deleting the app, and re-downloading it from the site, but, upon launching, it said the same thing, and rinse/repeat: same outcome.
- on at least three occasions, deleting all associated files (except audio files which are stored on a separate drive), and it works for a while until it needs to update again. Then, again, "install & restart" problem again.
Also, on occasions when I do I re-install, the Spitfire app fails to recognize that I've already downloaded the samples, and re-downloads all of them, or at least takes that long.
Mac, OS 10.14.5
Pro Tools Ultimate 2021.3.1
LABS aax plugin v. 1.3.8-d7352160
BBC Symphony Orchestra aax plugin v. 1.2.0-a3eee91
Spitfire Audio app 3.2.17
- 1.1K All Categories
- 585 Virtual Instruments
- 31 Abbey Road Series
- 168 BBC Symphony Orchestra
- 28 Artist Libraries
- 31 Albions
- 41 Symphonic, Chamber, and Solo Series
- 15 Studio Orchestra
- 70 LABS
- 50 Originals
- 4 SA Recordings
- 117 Other Spitfire Audio Products
- 5 Product Suggestions
- 20 Third Party products
- 266 Spitfire Audio Academy
- 107 Composition and Production
- 27 Competitions
- 2 Videos and Walkthroughs
- 1 Spitfire Audio Playlists
- 152 Tech Talk
- 51 Digital Audio Workstations
- 22 DAW Templates
- 47 Hardware and Computers
- 3 3rd Party Plugins
- 10 Software Help
- 177 General