Wondrous Flute Mordents

Donald
edited May 2021 in Abbey Road Series

Are the Wondrous Flute mordents tempo synced and/or can the speed of the mordents be adjusted as a variation with the big dial?

Associate Professor of Music / The University of Virginia’s College at Wise

Conductor + Music Director / Winds of the Mountain Empire

Answers

• Hey Donald, there is no variant wheel for them nor do they seem tempo synced. But they are very nice nonetheless!

• Thanks for letting me know, Michael. I will probably still purchase it but it would be nice to have that flexibility to crush or relax the speed of the mordants as the stock durations will feel different at varying tempi. Maybe a feature request?

• Yeah that would be great! I forgot, there are mordants in the flutes in my BHCT. I wonder if they are tempo synced or not. Probably not but worth checking. I too, wish there were just a few extra control features in these selections. Like Paul says in the video, they are designed to do specific things very well, and the DO definitely. But for $50 per instrument it would be nice with just a FEW more bells and whistles. Especially since orchestral foundations is SO pricey but with no legato at all. I was hoping there would be some legato features added as an upgrade for free VS bonus a la cart purchase only options.

Either way, the abbey road series sound amazing and are pure magic. Not trying to critique too much. I do appreciate being able to buy specific instruments similar to orchestral tools sine business model. Very good move. I was just hoping those who invested heavily into orchestral foundations wouldn’t have to buy every legato separately.

• Hi all,

Thanks for the feedback and discussion around the topic.

I will be raising this feature request in the product review meetings I have for Abbey Road. Whilst I can't confirm any future changes, I do believe this to be valid feedback worth sharing with our developers.

Best Wishes

J

• Hi Jack -

Thank you for taking note and for passing this along. I do think it would be a great addition to the functionality of the library.