Looking for support? Click here

Spitfire Audio Clips - Tips and Tricks, How It Works, and DAW Tutorials!

Angus
Angus mod
edited March 18 in Tech Talk

Hi Everyone,

Within the customer experience department, we've set up a new YouTube channel called Spitfire Audio Clips.

This channel is dedicated to offering quick 1-2 min tutorials, as well as longer form 'how it works' videos, to help you use our products, without any of the waffle you get at the start of your standard YouTube tutorials!

Please feel free to subscribe to the channel to be notified when new content is available. I'll also be posting in this thread whenever new videos are released.

You can also use this thread to discuss any content you'd like to see... perhaps you want to learn more about orchestrating in your DAW, optimising your system to use our products, or want a more in depth dive into how one of our libraries work... just let me know below as well as in the comment section on the channel!

Comments

• NEW: How to use Mic Presets in our Dedicated Plugin Libraries

• this is awesome. if at all possible do you think you all could release presets for the mixes included in the plugins?

for instance, would be really nice to be able to download the "mix 1" or "mix 2" preset from abbey road one and then be able to load it and see where all the levels of each mic position are so that we could then tweak them slightly.

• Watch this one to learn about how to craft Articulation Sets in Logic Pro... Great for advanced Keyswitching Techniques, which don't get in the way of orchestration + links to sets I have made for BBC SO and ARO can be found in the description.

• Another Articulation Sets tutorial, but this time, we're looking at Studio One's Variations

• This is a great channel @Angus ! Thanks for posting.

Do you have a clip on how to best survive having to wait for Abbey Road Modular Orchestra?? 😂 JK...

I'm not sure if it's in scope, but I've been struggling to find a truly useful midi CC controller. Christian has shown the Monogram/Palette recently but I find the fader design awkward. AudioSwift is also excellent but I prefer a physical fader I can touch. There are other options out there but a lack of good comparative reviews. Perhaps you can raid @Christian @Homay @Patrice and @Dan 's closets (and minds?) and see what you find? OK skip the mind part... I don't think any of us want to know what skeletons are hiding there.

If there's an easy-to-use, well-designed, reasonably priced, 3 or 4 channel, long-fader midi controller out there that fits on a desk/console I think there will be great interest in it!

• @Trevor I would definitely check out TouchOsc. It's not hardware, and only usable if you have a large phone screen/ tablet - but it's a great and relatively inexpensive alternative. Other's might recommend Korg NanoKontrol, but these are notoriously difficult to set up.

I personally advocate for Keyboards with built-in controls such as NI's Komplete Kontrol range and Arturia's Keylab range, the latter of which I own and have had a very good experience with. Arturia also have a dedicated App which gives you a lot of control over the layout in terms of what MIDI CC and Notes the different pads, knobs, and sliders are connected to.

• I second Arturia Keylab which I adore (I have the hammer 88 Mk2 model), but the downside is the fader length is short.