Update to BBC Symphony Orchestra v.1.2.1

Angus
Angus admin
50 Answers 250 Likes 100 Comments Spitfire Employee
edited May 18 in BBC Symphony Orchestra

An update is now available for Core and Pro users which patches the issue where the Transpose feature did not work in 1.2.0. Further updates to follow.

Please note that the role out to Discover user will take a longer period of time. You should expect the update within the next 2 weeks.

If you encounter any issues with the update, please reach out to our support team directly at spitfireaudio.com/support

A full change log can be found below:

Comments

• Is this now M1 compatible? I notice your beta page hasn't been updated?

• Awesome! Enormous thanks to Spitfire dev team for this fix! I really appreciate it!

• Angus
    Angus admin
    50 Answers 250 Likes 100 Comments Spitfire Employee

@Will BBC SO is not yet M1 Compatible, but we hope to put this into the next update due soon.

Those seeing this post should also note the following:

AAX AU Issue - there is an issue with the AAX in this build which Pro Tools does not validate. We have a fix for this, so just reach out to support at spitfireaudio.com/support

Logic 10.5 compatibility - this version is not compatible with Logic 10.5 due to a bug in that version. We have reached out to Apple for further info on this. As far as we are currently aware, the workaround would be to update to Logic 10.6. This version is only available on Catalina 10.15.7 or above, so if you do need to update your OS, be careful of other software that might be affected (e.g. Waves plugins that require a paid-upgrade path to the new OS). Logic 10.6 is also only available with the latest version of Logic Remote, which is i0S 13.1. Check your iPad can run this version before updating. More to follow.

• is there any method to rollback to 1.20? i hadn't read this note and now i can't open BBCSO discovery. I need to use mojave and i can't upgrade Logic at 10.6