Updates to Symphonic Brass and Symphonic Woodwinds
Every owner of Symphonic Brass and Symphonic Woodwinds will be receiving an update that will add a Total Performance Trumpet patch in Symphonic Brass, and a Total Performance Flute patch in Symphonic Woodwinds.
Instruction on how to update can be found here. If you have any issues updating, please reach out to our support team at https://spitfireaudio.zendesk.com.
Thank you!!! ❤️1
I have already spoken to tech support about these issues but wish to make them part of the public record:
- The Total Performance Patches, (all of them,) show key switches below the playing range. Apparently, these are bogus and should not appear on my keyboard. This is a fix that's needed.
- I notice that the TPPs can't be accessed by narrowing your search in Komplete Kontrol using Type and Subtype. if you do this, several of the Trumpet patches will not appear in your search. the vast majority of these can only be accessed by literally scrolling through the entire Symphonic Brass library to get to the Trumpet. this is seriously inefficient. It's a problem that had plagued the entire Spitfire line. For example, you can't get to English Horn by Type and jSubtype. Don't know whether you can get there isolating by bank. Whatever the case, the cross-index is woefully inadequate and demands attention.
- Finally, the Spitfire App should be smart enough to know that you have libraries On two machines with different OSs. this way, you know whether you've updated your instruments on one system or another. In my case, both systems, Mac and Windows, showed the Symphonic Woods under both Updates and Uninstalled Products. Which is it? QA issue here.
I would love to know if similar updates are in the works for other spitfire libraries. Studio orchestra, the Albion’s, etc. it would be very nice to have much needed additional agility and expressiveness in the studio orchestra especially. The legatos can be rather sluggish and difficult to maneuver.
kudos to spitfire for continuing to improve their products for us, the consumers.
Please consider updating the studio orchestra series, as it is a fantastic library that just needs a little tweaking to really be second to none and world class!!
The link above to the support page does not work0
Hi @DannyHayoun I'm unfortunately unable to comment on any future updates at this time, but I'll certainly take note of your feedback and pass it along to the product team.
Thanks for pointing that out @rowild ! I've fixed it.1
- 2.6K All Categories
- 372 General
- 1.3K Virtual Instruments
- 83 Abbey Road Series
- 385 BBC Symphony Orchestra
- 59 Artist Libraries
- 65 Albions
- 75 Symphonic, Chamber, and Solo Series
- 30 Studio Orchestra
- 147 LABS
- 87 Originals
- 13 SA Recordings
- 161 Other Spitfire Audio Products
- 42 Product Suggestions
- 22 Third Party products
- 382 Tech Talk
- 67 Digital Audio Workstations
- 47 DAW Templates
- 92 Hardware and Computers
- 8 3rd Party Plugins
- 89 Software Help
- 548 Spitfire Audio Academy
- 128 Composition and Production
- 54 Competitions
- 5 Bridgerton Scoring Competition
- 4 Videos and Walkthroughs
- 2 Spitfire Audio Playlists
- 2 Sales & Promotions
- 4 Music Business & Industry
- 1 Fees, Royalties, & Income