BBC SO with Komplete Kontrol

Hi, I BBC SO Core working great with KK, I could browse from my keyboard, get patch previews and the keyboard LEDs lit to show the instrument ranges.

Now I've upgraded to Pro and I had to move the library (it's huge!) to a new drive. Well, KK didn't like this one bit. And it seems totally impossible to change the file location, which seems an obvious thing to be able to do.

I've had a very frustrating evening searching the web which has told me to delete the KK database files, edit the paths in the registry and other hacks, none of which worked. Now BBC SO doesn't appear in my list of Installed Products in Native Access or in the All Instruments list in KK. It does appear in Preferences>Plug-ins. The content isn't shown in the Library list. I've rescanned everything a dozen times but it won't appear.

How can I get BBC SO to appear in Komplete Kontrol again? Please?

Answers

  • Okay - crazy idea that may or may not work. I had a similar issue with Abbey Road Two yesterday (I picked it up and it is lovely!).

    Make sure KK is closed.

    Move your vst3 files for BBCSO out of their designated folder.

    Make sure that you've gone into the Spitfire Audio app, clicked on the cover art for BBCSO, and confirmed the library's new location.

    Open KK. Go to the plugins dropdown and click on BBCSO. Oops, it won't load.

    Close KK.

    Put your vst3s back where they belong.

    Do the whole KK database reset thing you mentioned.

    Open KK for the last time. Presto-chango, it appears!


    At least, that's how it worked this time around. I wish you the best of luck, my friend. But I will @Angus this thread to make sure you get the best help possible.

  • Thanks Caleb, I appreciate the help!

    I've moved the VST3 files out but BBC SO still showed in the list. I then removed all BBC SO vst and dll files temporarily and then it disappeared. I also thinned out my plug-in paths a bit. I deleted the KK database files, forcing a rescan. When I added BBC SO files back in, one at a time, it seems KK is reading C:\Program Files\Native Instruments\VSTPlugins 64 bit\BBC Symphony Orchestra (64 Bit).dll.

    It's back in the list in Preferences>Plug-ins, listed as "BBC Symphony Orchestra (64 bit) (VST)"

    However, it's the same as before - it doesn't appear in the instrument list (the 'All Instruments' browser). I've also added the BBC SO audio content NKS folder to Library>User (I read that as a tip somewhere).

    I did check the BBC SO library locations, they're fine. In fact the actual Spitfire BBC SO instrument has worked fine all the way through.

    NB the KK I'm using is 'Komplete Kontrol (64 bit Mode)' version 2.7.2 (R2). I don't know why it says 64 bit mode, I don't seem to have any other version.

    Caleb, thanks again for your efforts! All the best, Paul

  • calebjtoth
    edited August 4

    Hmmm. There's probably a good answer to what's actually causing the problem, but I'm not super knowledgeable on that end. I have gone around and around with this and other libraries, so here's another version of the fix:

    In addition to the other processes, go into your BBCSO folder and delete the patches and presets and NKS folders, but not the samples. Then repair BBCSO through the Spitfire app. This should be a reset on whatever problem Komplete Kontrol is running into.

    Like this, I think:

    • Make sure KK is closed.
    • Move your vst3 files for BBCSO out of their designated folder.
    • Go into your BBCSO folder and delete the patches and presets and NKS folders, but not the samples.
    • Open KK. Go to the plugins dropdown and click on BBCSO. Oops, it won't load.
    • Close KK.
    • Put your vst3s back where they belong.
    • Repair BBCSO through the Spitfire app.
    • Do the whole KK database reset.
    • Open KK for the last time.
    • Fingers crossed!