Firewood Piano or Mrs Mills?

Alyanna
edited May 18 in Originals

What do you think is better? :P

Apologies if this has been posted before, I couldn't find one and I don't want to scroll through all the discussions xD

Comments

• They are super different!

Mills is very bright, exuberant, articulate, and maybe a little over-the-top. Firewood is sweeter, warmer, and has subtle pitch imperfections creating movement in the sound. I really love both—beautiful in their own ways for their individual quirks.

Hope this helps!

• Different vibes totally. I'd put Firewood for some classical interpretations or ballads and Mills for mixing in with other instruments/band type stuff like commonly done in the 60s or honky tonk etc.

• I have Mills and it is fun to play with but I haven’t had a reason to use it yet. Just not my style. It sounds great and am sure it will come in handy one day. I have Noire also which sounds lovely, but am considering Firewood for the character it might impart. I just wish there were more velocity layers. Following this discussion to see what others have to say.

Associate Professor of Music / The University of Virginia’s College at Wise

Conductor + Music Director / Winds of the Mountain Empire