Making the Move from Rosetta to M1

Hey Folks -

I think that all the tools that I use for composing/recording are now M1 friendly and am ready to make the switch completely since I have a bit of down time over the next week.

As far as Spitfire goes, what will I need to do make the switch (hopefully) seamlessly from using Spitfire Libraries with Logic from Rosetta to M1?

I am fortunate to have a great deal of the Spitfire catalog and hope that this process won't be tedious or time-consuming. I'm running Monterey on my M1Max MacBook Pro with 64GB RAM and 3 External SSD (8TB total) full of libraries.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Associate Professor of Music / The University of Virginia’s College at Wise

Conductor + Music Director / Winds of the Mountain Empire

Answers

• I switched to M1 ona Mac Studio a few weeks ago and as far as Spitfire BBC Core was concerned it went very smoothly.

• Spitfire has not been very clear about this but I found that there are some libraries like Abbey Road One which needed the manually installed Rosetta version of the plugin. The M1 version is strictly M1 and does not work Uhde Rosetta. Contrary to e.g,. BBCSO which works on both M1 and under Rosetta. If you have used ARO under Rosetta you have to repair it in the Spitefire App to get the M1 version.