OUT NOW: Originals Abe Laboriel Jr Drums🥁

Spitfire Audio
edited February 25 in General

A drum kit library performed by renowned session drummer Abe Laboriel Jr. — most well-known as Sir Paul McCartney’s touring drummer since 2001.

Recorded at the iconic Henson Studios, Los Angeles, at the heart of this library is a versatile selection of highly detailed and deeply sampled single hits, offering complete control of the character of a groove across a wide dynamic range.

Watch the walkthrough:

Available now for just £29/$29/€29 - https://bit.ly/3JOl6eU

Comments

• Do the loops in this plugin have a sync to tempo, or is the bpm fixed?

• Yes, they are syncing up in Ableton.

The Tom Kit (120bpm) with a load of Hype & Reverb slowed down to 80bpm sounds great. Big rocky vibes.

• Lot's and lots of cut outs with the drum loops. Sometimes they play, most often the don't

• Sarah
    Sarah admin
    100 Comments 5 Answers 25 Likes First Anniversary

Hi @PaulW - sorry to hear you're having issues with Abe Laboriel Jr Drums!

What are your system specs?

• My system specs are:

Windows 11

AMD RYZEN9 3900x

64 Gig Ram

Libraries installed on Samsung 970 Evo Plus SSD

Daw is Studio One Latest version

Thanks

Paul

• Sarah
    Sarah admin
    100 Comments 5 Answers 25 Likes First Anniversary

Thanks @PaulW - I've just created a support ticket for you so we can dive further into this!

• Thanks @Sarah . I'm going to do a check my end as well as I noticed something very odd last night with Studio One. It seemed to be switching mute onto some tracks randomly. I'll let you know if I find anything.

• @Sarah I think it is something to do with Studio one. I've just had the drums drop out again and noticed that somehow something had triggered a mute on that track.

• KEYMAN
    edited March 22

I’m using Abe and don’t understand how the loops syncs as you change keys. Let’s say the loop is 60bpm but the loop still synchs with a logic session at 90bmp etc…all good on that ) the keys should catch :synch with whatever key is chosen next (like a fill or alternate version of the loop? I must be doing something wrong or not understanding.

Also does anyone have a manual of exactly what colored keys represent what exactly on the interface keyboard ?

• I'm enjoying using the Library but that would indeed be useful.

• I sent spitfire some examples of the same loop not syncing timing wise…. Let’s see what’s up. It’s a shame because if editing is the only way to use the loops then you can’t audition for composing or playing live

• I’m using logic . When you switch keys on the midi keyboard within the same loop are your loop variations staying /syncing in time with each other? Or do you need to edit them after to stay in time ? Thanks

• how can I map individual drums to pads on mpc renissance?