Welcome to the new Spitfire Audio Forum!

Christian
edited March 2021 in General

For those of you who have followed us for a while now you'll know that we were born on a forum vi-control.net an interesting space that resembles a somewhat fractious family. There have been highs, there have been lows, marriages and divorces, laughter and feuds.

Paul and I have been shy about setting up our own forum but feel that there is a really special global family of Spitfire users, and viewers who deserve a safe space to talk candidly about the demands of being a composer, and the tools of our trade. But in a culture that is decidedly Spitfire, attentive, truthful, enthusiastic, creative and collaborative, but I would say most importantly of all, supportive.

One of the things I love about the act of making music is no matter where you are on your journey everyone has something to learn from everybody else. My first day assisting Anne Dudley I learned more in that day than in my entire lifetime in music up to that point. But she also learned about how I go about chopping beats and that the EMUXT-ultra that I was using was a tasty bit of kit.

So I hope we can all share this space together in eager anticipation of the huge amounts that we can learn from one another, help one another, inspire one and other, but most importantly support one and other.

I've always said to love music that much is a sure sign that in there is a good heart. We are a sister and brotherhood, I look forward to this forum bringing us together just that little bit more.

I look forward to taking part, talking and learning with many of you here.

Much love.

C. x

Comments

• Hey Christian! Nice idea you've got there!

I'm sure this forum will be very informative indeed.

Anyone should just look how both Paul and you (plus all the team!) share so many valuable content with the community to be convinced!

Good luck for this new adventure, I keep my eye on it :)

• Yes, I'm very happy about this new forum. And I guess, all the Spitfires in the world are very kind people. I look forward to the exchange here with you. ?

• Hi hi, Nice one!

Global set of spread out weird nerds will be hanging here. Saying hi from Bali (nice weather to work every day)

• It's always a good day when you can nerd out about music with fellow musicians! Given how little experience I actually have in making music (relatively speaking -I've only been doing this for about 4 years) I'm sure there'll bit lots for me to learn here!

• Love that we now have a space to support each other in one creative place!

• Evening!

I think this is a great idea. The attitude of everyone at Spitfire is very refreshing when so many companies seem to really distance themselves from their customers/userbase. Thanks for putting in the effort to set this up, I know it takes a lot of time and effort.

• I am very glad this forum came to life. I know for certain that I have a lot to learn and would love to learn from others as well as collaborate with them.

I am Screenplay writer. The written word comes easy for me, however, setting music to what is being filmed is another story for me. I am regularly amazed watching the skills, knowledge, and techniques that our Spitfire family has (when watching something on YouTube).

I look forward to becoming part of the community.

• I'm very happy about this new forum

• Agreed, Christian, good to have such a "safe space" where to meet with peers, and learn from one another, cheers!

• That's a great idea, I'm glad to meet all of you guys.

• Thank you for opening this meeting space. Both the starting point and the horizon that Christian Henson predicts for this forum are questions that concern the musical vocation, the profession, the craft and life itself. I present in advance my apologies for my google dependent English language, but I hope to improve it. Saludos cordiales!

• Thank you Christian and Co. for your products, your YouTube channel & basically free mentorship, and now THIS great place where we can all interact with eachother! ????✌?

• Thanks for doing this, Christian and SF. I look forward to learning/sharing with all of you.

• I love this! Over the last few years I’ve become such a fan of Spitfire. Not just the instruments to use and be inspired by, but really the people. The group at Spitfire is so generous with knowledge and the community at large is also wonderful. For someone trying to get a start with my passion after more than 20 years in a completely different career path in the business professional world, it’s refreshing to see this kind of community. Thank you Spitfire for this official space and to all of you for your future help, conversation, and collaboration.

• Great to be here to learn and share!

We are a family, not rivals :)