LABS crashing Renoise DAW

I must begin with my immense gratitude to Spitfire Audio for making high-quality tools like LABS and BBC Orchestra Discover available to use for free. They are amazing and bring me great joy. Both of those products, however, are crashing my DAW of choice, Renoise (both 3.2.1 and the latest 3.3.1). LABS crashes the most frequently. I cannot yet identify what action causes the crash. Sometimes I'll have two or three instances of the plug-in and it will crash. Sometimes I'll work for hours with seven or eight instances and have no crash. Tonight I had six instances of BBC Orchestra and had a crash. Later I had three instances of LABS and it crashed when I tried to scroll past the last sample in the UI. But that doesn't always cause a crash. I will try to be diligent about keeping a log of what I'm doing at the time of crash, but I wanted to get this out there in case others are having issues or better yet, suggestions or solutions.

Comments

• @ Chris Beightel

It doesnt sound to me that you have library install problems, so Im wondering if your problems could be associated with CPU overload and or intermittent Memory (RAM) shortage.

I searched Renoise Labs on Youtube and watched the ...have a look .

Renoise workflow for "Labs" (one minute track) - YouTube

You might be able to discern how many instances of labs are loaded from the video but I observed that the Daw was running at around 25 % CPU usage most of the time.

It might help to know what OS and type of computer you running ( Ram ? CPU spec , HD or SSD)

Best Des

• Thanks for the reply, Des. I watched that video and it appears they have 22 instruments loaded (top right window) - a combination of samples and VSTs, and we can't see the first 15 instruments in the video, though we can see at least 17 tracks in the main window. I don't believe I've never had more that 8 going in one project. I also don't think I've ever seen LABS or BBC Orchestra Discover use more than 12% CPU even with all 8 of those instruments being played.

My PC specs:

i7-8700 @ 3.2GHz | 32GB RAM running Windows 10 Pro build 19041.867 (if that matters...)

Windows and Renoise are installed on a Samsung 970 EVO 500GB SSD

I would add that when Renoise crashes from LABS or BBCOD, it just quits - no warning or strange behavior. The program window just vanishes. No report is written to the log. Very mysterious.

Thanks again for your interest.

Chris

• @chris.beightel

Hey Chris!

If you are having trouble with your DAW and our plugins, please reach out to our support team! We'd be happy to help troubleshoot this with you. We can gather some crash data and see what's going on under the hood.

You can submit a request via our contact page: https://www.spitfireaudio.com/contact-us/

• Will do. Thanks, Andrew.