BBCSO Core and Labs Hanging Notes

I am having a problem with frequent hanging notes in BBCSO Core and Labs where midi notes will hang on and keep playing after they should be when I am playing back a project. I have to go into each track that has hanging notes and refresh the BBCSO software. This is happening quite a lot while I am editing and working on the project. Anyone else have this problem or have a solution?

Comments

• KDW
    KDW
    First Comment
    edited November 20

I have this issue with BBSCO Core as well. I have not yet found a solution.

The issue stops when I replace the core instruments with pro instruments or by replacing the instruments all together. Not sure if it matters, but I've experienced this issue in Cubase 10 and 11.

The common solution found on the internet of stopping midi playback only stops the issue for a moment, but resuming playback always causes the issue to resume as well.

• As a follow up, I am using the most recent version of BBCSO Core and Logic Pro 10.7.

• I had a similar problem. Turned out I was leaving my sustain pedal in the on position. cc64.

• I have the same problem.

I noticed that when this situation occurs, the keys on the keyboard in the BBC SO plug-in window are actually depressed. If i click on those, they become unstuck. I also use Play plug-ins and Apple's Mellotron in the same project, but those do not suffer from the same issue.

• I had this issue in Logic and discovered it was something with my Yamaha Motif ES8 USB connection. When I switched it from USB to plain old MIDI to my computer, the hanging notes went away. Switch back to USB and the hanging notes return. I use the Motif strictly as a controller keyboard these days anyway so I just left it connected via MIDI cable.