Achilles

Hello to you all :)

I hope you're doing great ! Here is a new track I'd like to share with you, about Achilles. My father used to tell me his story, how he went mad after Patroclus was killed by Hector, the way he challenged and killed Hector.

So yes, I wanted to honor him through this tribute.

I hoep you'll like it !

Please, feel free to give me some feedback.

Have a great day / night / morning ;)

Sebastien

Comments

• Taron
    edited October 2021

Hey Sebastien,

what a great tribute! Very heroic, indeed! ๐Ÿ˜Ž

It all sounds absolutely beautiful with one exception: That trailer impact swoosh that keeps coming. Its sort of phased quality is a bit cringy even the first time around and it keeps coming. I wouldn't have this more than once in there, let alone 40 times or how many there are. If you chose this for its sub-impact, try to find one without the high phasing cheese. Then it will be quite flawless! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

• Hello Taron and thank you for your very precise and accurate feedback !!

Indeed, the impact is quite edgy on the high frequencies, and I liked how it popped out. But I guess you're right about testing something more subtle, even for Achilles ๐Ÿ˜.

Have a great day and stay safe !

Sebastien

• In the virtual world we operate, it's a constant struggle against sterility and involuntary/unnatural repetition. In a way we work a bit like magicians, trying not to reveal the technical nature of our show, but present our audience with awe and wonder, haha. Thus we must keep in mind what we wish to reveal and when it's okay to feature the "virtuality" of it.

In your piece you need not go more subtle at all, but rather find more ways to express what this moment means, different impacts, maybe explore the idea of where this happens, you know!? Some key moments of strength or conflict happen in the spirit only, where this weird hit fits quite well. Other moments in communication, where a different kind of hit might fit the bill, while most dramatic hits come on the battlefield, of course, which one might have to "feel" more than (or as much as) they hear it.

Have a wonderful day, too, and enjoy realizing and manifesting your ideals, my friend! ๐Ÿค—

Taron

• Hello Taron :)

It's been a while since you posted it and I'm sorry for not answering!! I was sure I did but I must've missed something.

Nevertheless, I read your comment with pleasure and I tried to inject those special ingredients you mention.

Regarding our role as kind of magicians, I could not agree more. And yet, I feel like nowadays, describing our process very precisely has become a standard, at least on Twitch or YouTube.

We have reached a point where (depending on our choices) we're not only musicians and composers, but also necessary orchestrators, producers, sound engineers, community managers.

I'm not trying to find an excuse, and will deeply think more about the points you evoke with eloquence, but it's also a part of my problematic so I think I'll have to find a way to mix all this with what matters the most : music.

Thanks again for giving me the occasion to talk about fascinating subjects with such a good spirit.

Have a great day and stay safe ;)

Sebastien